Dentistry and the Immune system:
â An impaired immune system paves the way for disease, making a person susceptible to falling
severely ill from an infection that someone with a strong immune system would either get over relatively quickly and easily, or not be bothered by at all. Metals used in dentistry can prove catastrophic to the immune system, opening the door to a plethora of infections. Since the effect is often cumalitive, that dentistry could be the root cause of an illness is rarely considered by doctors, especially in mainstream medicine. Procedures such as root canals and dental implants also cause health problems, though the average dentist will assure patients such procedures are entirely safe. Typically, this is because they have not been taught otherwise, and focus only on the directly apparent health of a patientâs mouth rather than their body as a whole.
Root Canals Are Breeding Grounds for Bacteria:
Since the tooth is dead, bacteria are able to gather, multiply, and secrete waste into the system on a consistent basis without being detected by the immune system. Many dentists, when describing the process of a root canal to you, state there is only one canal for them to clean out when doing a root canal on a front tooth. However, research has found that a front tooth can have up to 75 auxiliary cannals leading from the pulp chamber to outisde the tooth. Dentists do not acknowledge these canals, much less clean them. Bacteria is indentified 100% of the time in exracted root canal teeth (source: mercola article on root canals bookmarked on phone).
Mercury Amalgams Put a Person at Risk of Heavy Metal Toxicity, Namely Mercury Poisoning:
Mercury, which is found in high concentrations in dental amalgams, is the most dangerous metal used in dentistry -amalgam fillings are made up of 50% mercury and 20-30% silver, with trace amounts of tin, copper, and zinc. As a result, people who get mercury containing amalgams are at a legitimate risk for heavy metal poisoning âmost notably mercury poisoningâ, which causes all sorts of symptoms and conditions including, but CERTAINLY not limited to the following: brain fog, autoimmune conditions, cognitive symptoms and disorders, psychological conditions and more. Not to mention, if the person already has an illness, mercury poisoning will increase the severity of and lower the possibility of total healing to a drastic degree. If a person does not have a preexisting condition, heavy metal toxicity causes a cascade of issues throughout the body making them far more susceptible to succumbing to illness.
Although the American Dental Association (AMA) states that mercury in amalgam fillings is nontoxic, an abundance of anecdotal and scientific evidence shows otherwise. The Environmental Protection Agencyâs (EPA) stance on mercury in dentistry is in direct conflict with the AMAâs, claiming it is toxic waste. Guidelines for handling mercury after removing it from a patientâs mouth can be found in this article written by the EPAâs president, Dr. Ron Kennedy, called âDental Amalgam Mercury Poisoning:â www.sawwwvvypatients.com/amalgam.html
Electrogalvanism From Metal in the Mouth:
Electrogalvanism is a term for the electrical currents sparked by the presence of two dissimilar metals in your mouth. Basically, when two dissimilar metals are present in the mouth -such as in the case of dental crowns, implants, or amalgams- the mouth becomes a battery. The ingredients required to make a battery include two dissimilar metals and a liquid medium to conduct electricity (electrolytes). Metal implants, fillings, crowns, and orthopedic braces make up the two(+) dissimilar metals required for the equation, and saliva serves as the liquid medium to conduct electrical currents. This has disastorous health effects, and makes a person significantly more sensitive to EMFs.